1. Is it possible to search by coordinates?
Yes, you can put coordinates in a regular search box, the same way as you put there the other data (street name, town, name of place etc.). You can, for example, copy coordinates from Google Maps to our application to get a route with truck restrictions in mind.
2. Application stopped working/crashing/does not have Internet connection after last update.
We are sorry to hear that. Please try to uninstall application, delete all the app’s data and cache (device settings > apps > RoadLords) and try to install it again from Google Play Store. This should help If after this, you still have problems please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
3. This new street/road/highway/tunnel/bridge is not marked on the map. Why?
It is because some of the newest roads are not updated by the map providers yet. We are constantly working on updating maps, to have them as up-to-date as possible. We’d recommend you to use online maps, which contain newest user feedback and update offline maps, when the new version is available.
4. RoadLords navigated me through entry bans/height restrictions, etc.
This can be caused by error in route calculation or not exact map information. We are still in BETA version, so our application is still being developed, including the routing. We are constantly working on improving the routing. Please, send us the exact location and details about the restriction, so we can check it. Our email is email@example.com
5. I downloaded maps, but navigation does not want to work without Internet. What’s going on?
Our application is designed to work with Internet connection. This is due to the nature of the application – we want you to have newest updates on incidents and traffic on the road. Downloading maps is helping to save data costs but to enjoy full experience with our navigation you need to have Internet connection. Don’t worry, data transfer with downloaded maps are minimal.
6. What does error 4 mean?
Error 4 means that our navigation cannot calculate the route. Most of the time, the reason is that there's no road suitable for the truck parameters you've set, or that the start/end of the route is located on an unsuitable road. Our navigation does not take special exemptions into account yet, which leads to a lack of suitable options. In this case, you can try to move a little bit or change your destination to the nearest main road, for example.
7. How can I change language of the application?
Language of the application matches the language you choose in settings of your device. So, if you want to change the language of the app, you need to change the language of your device and restart the application. Changes will apply automatically.
8. How can I change font size?
The font size you can set in general settings of your device, then the changes will appear also within the application. There is no possibility to adjust font size directly in the application.
9. I cannot add a waypoint while choosing the route by tapping on the place in the map.
You can add a waypoint while choosing a route just by tapping on the panel above the map, selecting “add waypoint” and searching for an address/place the same way as you searched your destination. Adding a waypoint directly from the map is available in navigation mode only.
10. Why can’t I download the application in my country?
We’ve just launched our application and the number of countries where it's available continues to grow. We hope that we will be available in your country soon.
Road Lords is currently available in:
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan.
11. Is your application available on iOS? When it will be available?
Sadly, iOS version is not available yet. We do not have specific date when we plan to launch it, but it is a plan for our future development.
12. Is it possible to edit maps?
There is no possibility to edit or correct map directly in the application, but you can add and edit places which are on the map. If you want to edit road restrictions and other inaccurate map information, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with exact place and the correction. We will report it to our map provider.
13. I reported an incident yesterday and today when I came back to this point the incident was gone. Why?
When you report incident, it will appear only for few hours and then disappears. The rule is, the more likes your incident gets, the longer will it be displayed on the map and be visible to other drivers. This is valid for all type of incidents.
14. Can I download application and maps to SD card or only internal memory?
First, you need to download the application and maps to internal memory of your device. Then, you’ll be able to move it to the external memory. To do so, tap on the cogwheel in the top right corner, enter “Advanced Settings”, tap “Storage” and select the option to transfer all data to the SD card.
15. What does this error mean?
- Unforeseen error occurred.
- Routing canceled by user.
- The start cannot be found due to insufficient GPS signal.
- The start/destination doesn’t meet the truck’s parameters. Please, enter a suitable road, or select a destination on a suitable road.
- Internet is unavailable, please use offline maps.
- Cannot load saved route.
- Route calculation error.
- Path between waypoints does not exist.
- The path reconstruction has failed.
- The path construction has failed.
- The path could not be found.
- Route calculation error. Please, try again, or use offline maps.
- The online routing service is unavailable, please use offline maps.
- Server error. Please try again.
- Server error. Please try again.
- Required offline map was not found.
- Waypoint error. Please try again or choose a place nearby.
- Provided location of waypoint is not near of any downloaded map. Please download the necessary maps.